Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Shores of Lake Erie

It was a race to the water and Ali WINS..;)
Learning to use my timer on the Canon,,I kept racing back and forth,, finally got the shot of me and my sweetie..
The beaches are lined with flat rocks of all shapes and sizes. They have been tumbled and tossed around for hundreds of years and some land right here. It was pretty cool to see.
Waterfalls spring from the hill sides
Me with a pretty, fat goby-filled smallie. Ali kept a close eye on both of us..
Sunset on Lake Erie
This is some of the beach glass Ken and I found. It's been polished from the waves and rocks. People make jewelry out of it, I never saw any but I bet it's beautiful.
More rocks to add to my treasure chest full of rocks at home..

Some were paper thin and some were fat..
Ali,,,,,Well she just loves the water wherever she is;)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Wow!!!! Beautiful Pics.....Looks like your having the time of you life.......enjoy!!! I love you girl!

Angela said...

Love that Beach Glass, I've heard the same thing, now you can make your own treasures from it.

Anonymous said...

I unpacked a ziplock with beach glass today. It's scary how we think alike! Can't wait to see you guys in NY! Ju

Unknown said...

Man Mom, that is a nice small mouth.