Sunday, October 9, 2011

Where the hay will take you

We went to Missouri to pick up hay and see my BFF's.  What a great time we had too.
It felt really good to see Jill Lanette =) and the boys. We've been friends going on 25 years.  We've spent more than half of that laughing... She is a funny bunny!!  We told stories,  got to see her parents, ate a wonderful meal...and best of all.. see her boys..
After we left Jill's house, we were off to Angie's parents.. This is another great chapter in my life.. Angie stood by my side when Ken and I were married 29 years ago.  We've had our babies together.. Motherhood for us was seeing each other every day if possible.. My first trip to Missouri with Angie was to see her parents.  Our kiddo's were still in diapers and our hubbies off hunting somewhere,, so away we went, four kids and a loaded suburban.
Angie's Mom and Dad had blooming flowers everywhere..
Saturday was the night for the family/friends weiner roast, hay ride, marshmallow roasting, chit chatting good time... =)

The flowers were just beautiful!!





A boat  made into a fish pond!!
Alan enjoys working in his buildings.

He had many treasures..

The man was so organized.. I loved it!!
Old and new, a nice mix of both.. =)

 
George and Angie had their grand boys Andrew and Kade, with em. 


Grammy pulling the boys in the wagon..
I have a new appreciation for trees..

Talented yes.. flexible heck yeah!!!!
Andrew found it to be a little more difficult, but he was able to kick them legs right over the top of his head... Amazing!!

Oh yeah, we did get hay... Blessed with friends... Terry and Cheryl loaned us their trailer to haul it. "that will be another blogging story"
  Alan, George and Ken loaded us 130 bales of hay... NICE!! 
Alan and Shirley Kiral... Thank you so much for sharing your home and family with us.  You are a beautiful couple spending your golden years making your place an forgettable paradise for all to enjoy...  We're blessed to call you family.. =)
Alan had some big pieces of styrofoam,  PERFECT for archery shooting.  Thanks from Tarbone Ranch.

Ken and George loading the styrofoam onto the hay..

Angie with her Mom Shirley.  Now this is an amazing woman.. She has canned any and everything you could possibly imagine.. even venison.  Oh did I mention she can cook too!!  You've had a good teacher Angie... =)
Andrew you cutie pie!
New knees in motion!!
Engineered by Alan Kiral.. Weenie Roosters/ marshmallow sticks..
The bonfire before!

I hope my asparagus looks like this someday..
Afternoon football.. OU 55-tx-17 and better yet: OSU 70 - ku 28
Hay ride!!
Shirley riding her four-wheeler with Angie yelling in the background "MOM SLOW DOWN"!!!
Guys turn to ride..
My bud!!
Great Grandma Shirley loving on Harper.
More Fam!!
They brought the women folk wildflowers!! How sweet... =)
Carol with Avery
George and Ken did some shooting as well.
Golden Pond!
She had me laughing as usual..
The bonfire in action!
Valerie, Avery, Drew and Harper
Me and my BFF!!
WOW!
"I got you something"  she says to me with a giggle.  A friendship ball...I found it for you after the TR fire.
What she doesn't  realize is that..
I'm the color red
 she's the color green..
  together we travel sight unseen..
she knows of my sorrow and feels my pain
What she doesn't realize, she lifts my heart
 sight unseen.
Thank you Angie ~ Love you Always and forever~
This little yellow and red bird landed in our truck.
  Bringing me sunshine smiles..
I hold dear to my heart..
Jilly bean we are stars in the sky
not always seen but always together..
I love you Jill you bring laughter to my life.
Alan and Shirley's yard was showered with acorns.  These white oak acorns are as big as golf balls! 
So George and I filled an old suitcase full of acorns and brought them back to Oklahoma to plant and feed our deer...
This lifetime has blessed us with treasured family and friends..
Thank you Great Spirit...



3 comments:

Hunter said...

Looks like you had a good trip, and you got a whole bunch of hay. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Tanner said...

The animals will be happy now, they have some food and they have some rain. Pretty good weekend for Tarbone Ranch.

Angela said...

aaaah man what a GREAT weekend! Girl you take some awesome pictures of which I stole some. We had so much fun now I can't wait for December to get here.