Monday, August 9, 2010

Let's Cool off in Tin Cup, CO.

Camping in the Rio Grand valley was breath taking. It rained almost every evening but we rode the rhino over the mountains and thru the hills anyway. We got wet a few times, real wet.

Can you see the pot of gold?
Our view from inside the camper.

We were muddy from head to toe. We spent nine days without electricity. It was GreATE! Every evening we played cards and enjoyed the cool weather.

Moxy and I taking a walk.

Aspens were beautiful!



Look closely! I found an antler. I just couldn't get to it, because it was on the other side of the river. :(
We saw a nice cave beside the creek we fished.
Because of all the rain, mud slides had some of the roads closed.
So, we walked many miles fishing small rivers and streams for trout.
We would wake up in the mornings and it would be 44 degrees in the camper....ahhh!!!
Tin Cup was a beautiful place to visit out in the middle of nowhere.
The view coming into Tin Cup.
Getting ready to go trout fishing.
Moxy wore Ali's neoprene vest, which was really big on her.
Ken getting out the cards to play rummy. We had so much fun!
Can you find the flower smiling at you?
Campfire felt good in the evenings as the temp. would drop.
Flowers along the divide.


We would fix a picnic lunch, leave early in the morning and be gone all day riding and fishing! I loved it!!! :)


Ken fished for trout at Willow Creek. He also has Moxy's attention..:)
I wasn't much in tune with the fly rod so I stayed with my spinning tackle.


Moxy waded all the creeks and rivers with us. Here she is tuckered out.

3 comments:

Angela said...

That's the Happy T I know, one with nature...... look like an awesome time. Glad you had a good time.

Tammy and Ali-O said...

ONE year later, 110 here. 40 days over hundred. I wish I were back in CO. fishing. Hopefully next year. Two new knees and new thumb.

Just refreshing my mind and heart,
T

Tammy and Ali-O said...

Two years later still haven't returned. 105 here today! ugg! New knees and doing al ot of sweet talking!!!!!