Sunday, March 13, 2011

From Mimi to Destry

Meet Destry. He is a 13 year old ball of fire. He loves to hunt and fish and is very good at both. As you can see he and Moxy hit it off. Both playing hard...:)

Destry, along with his Mimi and Grandma spent the weekend with us on Tarbone Ranch.
He found antlers, skinned his knees, caught fish, watched deer, chased elk, rode in the rhino. Then he flashed by me and I grabbed his arm and said "How about a picture with Mimi and Grandma?" He took a big breath and said "Okay but we're going back out to look for antlers." So I did manage to get a couple of pictures of them all together... Remember I said he was a fire ball......:)
Moxy loved having him around as she had someone to chase and follow...:)
Ken took him fishing for saugeye.. They had a big time.
Moxy wanted to prove that she can find antlers that have already been found...:)
Destry with his eagle eyes found several antlers..Good job buddy!
Mimi went fishing and walked around looking for antlers too.
Away they go to fish!!!
Everyone had a big smile when he caught a fish on his second cast... Got to love it!
Diann/Mimi brought us some apricot, sand plum and plum jelly that she made along with her
pickles that were SO GOOD!!! Thanks Diann..:) She's going to teach me how to make pickles and jelly...:) Yay!
Destry and Me...:)
Happy boy when found in the woods!!!!
Diann making sure Destry goes home with memories. She video taped his adventures. He and Ken talked hunting and fishing the ENTIRE TIME. He had me laughing too..:)


I don't think he ever stopped. He made the most out of every minute he was here and I'm pretty sure he had a fun time.. Thanks for sharing your life with us Destry..:)
Loading up the boat..
Look at Moxy, she is smiling, she was so happy to be with you....:)
We had to make him slow down and eat or he would have played right through it...
Destry, Grandma and Ken..:) Grandma; I sure enjoyed all the stories you told me. At 81 she had some great ones!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Yes!!!! I would say they had a wonderful weekend for sure. You are such a wonderful hostess.