Saturday, May 7, 2011

A busy week here on Tarbone Ranch

Look,,, is it a firework stand???? Or A shooting house????
Here is one of the three shooting houses we have built. Still have to cut the windows out. They are wrapped in sheets of medal we need to wait for a good rain because the sparks do fly when cutting the medal. Which makes them semi-fire-proof.
The medal came from our farmer friend which we figured it was about 70 years old. His Dad had built a barn out of the stuff. Which he got from a oil field operation.
The medal was DIRTY and HEAVY.
The roof is left overs from when we built our house. 16 years ago..
They remind me of a firework stand...

When I wasn't helping Ken build shooting houses I was pulling carpet up. Hunter bedroom..
New carpet next week...Yeah!
Even thru our drought my cactus still blooms and makes me happy...:)
A Happy Mothers Day to me...:) You are the reason I love my life!!
Antlers are growing!!
They'll grow an inch of antler a day until August.

Flowers and butterflies....:)




3 comments:

Hunter said...

Wow! That is not what i expected the shooting house to look like. It looks good though. Nice job.

Tanner said...

Those look pretty sturdy. Lots of hard work there.I look forward to seeing them in person. and of course...
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, tomorrow.

Angela said...

wow those look awesome, I've always liked buddy blinds better, room for two or just alot more room for one......love'um. The flowers are beautiful, my Barrels aren't blooming yet, maybe it just hasn't been hot enough yet.
I can't believe you've moved all that carpet... my goodness, can't wait to see the new stuff...