Monday, October 14, 2013

My week in Missouri with family


 My trip started with Aly and Taylor and our drive to St.Louis.
 Aly says it best. I took this from her fb.
Our last visit to St. Louis Children's Hospital! Thank you to our dear friends who have kept Taylor in their prayers! His arm has regained almost all normal function.Today was a big day... So happy to see God answer our prayer in a big way. Here is to beating the odds...=)
Photo: Our last visit to St. Louis Children's Hospital! Thank you to our dear friends who have kept Taylor in their prayers! His arm has regained almost all normal function.Today was a big day... So happy to see God answer our prayer in a big way. Here is to beating the odds ;)
Before his doctors' appointment we deserved a little fun and it all started at the St. Louis zoo. It is AWESOME!!!!
 This little guy had us laughing because he seemed so happy!
 Taylor and Aly standing under the glass of the sea lions.

 No monkey business here! They were all out eating and hanging from the trees.
 Taylor thought this guy was pretty funny.

 Ride 'em Cowboy!
 Pure sunshine! Love love love this little man~


 The birds were so noisy. They really got his attention.
 This shot was taken for Pawpaw..
 The hippos were boring although that is one just hanging out.. Taylor liked seeing all the fish!
Asian Elephant!! Only one but he still gave us a show!
 Off to Pappy's the best BBQ in St Louis.. It was finger lickin' good too!
 Yumm!
 I stopped in for a visit.. Jill's parents gathered the family together and we sat around and visited, told stories and ate one of the best meals ever... Thanks Sue and Mansel..
 Next to her headstone sits a mail box I painted years and years ago.. Made me smile~
 A few of these pictures are out of order because they came off my phone.  Look at these beauties  that I was privileged to see.
 The shadows of me, Angie and Valarie~
 At Angie's parents' house, my extended family, they had the best bonfire of all!
 Me and my buddy of 32 years!!!! I love you Angie
 The Love of my life~ He came with me this year and it made me really happy.. XOXO
 Our shadows~
 Angie's Dad Alan.. Love love love this man. He always has a surprise for me to see!!
 Carol and Jordan having fun hanging out!
 This little stinker was breaking us in on what's to come for the Cook Clan.  LOve you Avery!! =)
 One of my many surprises and adventures!
 Life in Missouri~
 My 2 sisters~ =)
 Yes that's right! This elk is wearing a baby bib..
 All because Hunter and Marti have good news coming our way in March!!
 Ken and I were back on the road to Missouri when Hunter and Marti went to the doctor to find out if we were having a boy or girl.. Facetime!!!! Love it!
 Meet Baby Cook..
 Our little girl!!!!
 At this point Pawpaw and Memaw both have tears flowing from our eyes from being SO HAPPY HAPPY!! Thanks Hunter and Marti for sharing your special moment with us~
Ken showing Jill's son Lawson and Mansel, Jill's Dad, pictures of our elk and deer..
 Jill's sister Gayle loving on the puppies..  Gayle, thank you so much for driving up and having dinner with us. It made me so Happy!!!
 Jill's family..
 Beautiful Sue! She fixed fried turkey, fried okra, mashed taters, homemade pies, peach, apple, goose-berry, coconut..Are you getting the picture yet!! This women can cook and it was the best... Thank you Sue and Mansel for making us a part of your family.. I always look forward to seeing everyone~ 
 Yummm!
 This little bright eyed sweetie is Jill's Granddaughter. Piper~
 Lawson playing with Piper..
 Smile worthy!
 Connor and Lawson are Jill's twin boys. This is Connor having some of Granny's pie..
 Sue holding in her hand a picture of Jill when she was a baby.. Seeing the resemblance~
 Piper and Jill when she was a baby and that's Lawson holding the picture now.
 Sweet Piper is loved by them all~
 Cindy, Jill's older sister had poison ivy and couldn't hold Piper.. Pure torture for her! 
 She was passed around and loved on by all~ =)
 Payden, Jill's oldest with his wife Miranda and baby Piper~ 
 Baily and Jack. Baily was a shadow to Jill. I remember when she was born.
 Lawson; you are your Mother in so many ways.. I do love you~


 Yes, I do Love you~
 No words needed~

 My favorite picture~ Lawson, Payden and Piper~

 I love you Sue~
 I left Jill's parents and traveled over to see Angie and George at her parents/mine too. =) here is my Christmas present from Angie.. Which she painted herself...I feel so spoiled!! =)
 A few of the chalkboards that she has been painting..
 Carol and Valarie loved theirs.
 Jordan making a paper airplane.. Helping Uncle Ken bombard George in the other room. Tee-Hee~
 I love this baby girl!!
 Pam and Shirley getting ready to start cooking..
 Nothing more special than the love between a Grandmother and Granddaughter~
 =)
 Carol and Chuck~
 Shirley and Valarie~
 Angie and Pam~
 Terry and Pam made it over for a visit..And it was a wonderful surprise~
 I said act like you know each other and they both laughed! happy happy!
 Pure love~ Makes my heart smile~
 Blurry... but I don't care! My besty!
 Angie and Jordan.. B E A U T I F U L!!
 Family~
 Good lord I love this girl..~
I love my time when it's spent with you..Laughing and exploring the hills of Missouri where you once ran as a little girl~ 

2 comments:

Hunter said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had a great time out there.
Also, those are some nice shots of the ultrasound. It was nice to be able to share that with you guys since you couldn't be at the party.

Angela said...

What a great week and an even better weekend for me....so much to do and so little time...but we did our best to make good use of every minute. So very glad we had that time together. I love you my friend !