Thursday, November 17, 2016

A Memorable Successful Buck Hunt

The Super-Moon from Tarbone Ranch.  ~Spiritual~
 Dave Fulson is one in a million. He and Ken were best buds. He's always been a part of our family from camping at the creek, fishing, squirrel hunting with the boys, playing tricks on me with Big Foot costumes, and bringing in a few New Years.  I have followed Ken and Dave for many miles looking for bobcats and calling coyotes, at times I thought my toes were going to fall off from freezing. A lot of good memories! Dave is here doing a buck hunt TV show in honor of Ken. 
With PH guide Dr. Hunter Cook. Dad is smiling down with proud-ness for his boys. It's been emotional but good. It's also been a beautiful sight to see your boys grow into men.. Especially when they're so much like their daddy. Instincts are sharp! 
We did everything from play basketball, from hiking in the woods, hanging out on the hammock and a lot of reminiscing.  Dave you're the best! Thank-you
 My first time to witness Drone flying! WOW! Can you find the elk in the woods?
 Like father like son. Sharping his hunting knife. Before the hunt!
 The show will air summer 2017 on the outdoor channel. World of Sports Afield. 
Dave's other shows are Tracks Across Africa and Dark and Dangerous... 
Great Buck Dave! Good guiding Hunter!
 Fall is in the air. The view from The Ranch!
 Relaxing on this warm mid-November day.
~Ken Cook I love you~ 
~Our strings will be connected forever~
~ heart to heart ~
I will find you again I promise~ 
 miss you even more.. 
~Soulmates~
Always and forever..

3 comments:

Hunter said...

My first guided hunt on the ranch. What a great experience! Couldn't have asked for better people to hunt with, and the hunt could not have gone better. Dad was surely with us every step of the way! Thanks as always for posting the pictures.

Tammy and Ali-O said...

Dave sent me this comment in an email and ask me to post it to my blog.
Thank you Dave for being such a huge part of our lives...

As Tammy said, my hunt at Tarbone Ranch was a whirlwind of deep emotions. The sense of loss I feel when walking this ground without Ken, is greatly softened when standing beside Hunter, as well as sons Tanner, and Jason, who along with Tammy carry on his legacy. He could ask no more of his family, and you each honor him daily in your commitment to his dreams.
Tammy, your sons are the closest things to sons of my own that I will ever have. My pride in them has no limits. As Hunter and I walked up to our buck, the morning sun produced two long shadows in the green field at our feet. I stopped, looked at them and told Hunter “ I see two shadows, but as sure as I am here, I know that there are three men are walking together toward our hard earned prize.”

As long as I draw breath in this life, Ken Cook will be a part of me. You all will be. The man I am, is not the man I would be if it were not for the blessing of being an honorary member of The Cook Clan. Your love, support, and friendship is among my life’s greatest treasures. Hunter guided me to a great Tarbone buck to be sure, but as wonderful as it was, the memories, laughter, and even the healing tears were the true trophies of three golden days in the shadow of Tarbone mountain.

We talked of Heaven while we were there. I know it exists, and I know Ken will be there to greet us when our time comes. But we should all remember, as it is pure truth, there is a Heaven On Earth just north of the majestic Wichita Mountains, It’s called Tarbone Ranch. A place where dreams come true,and legacy lives on….
I Love you,
Dave

Angela said...

What a wonderful honoring of the legacy that has been left, Dave is truly an exceptional friend to the Cook family. It is amazing to see our children becoming incredible adults and so proudly step into shoes we hoped they would never have to fill. The life we live is so full of awe and amazement and you so lovingly capture the blessings of those days. So proud of the boys for all the stepping up they are doing, your pictures are always so pleasing to the eyes and warm my heart.
Great hunt for sure,what a good buck way to go Dave..... look forward to seeing the show nex summer!