Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tarantula wasp made a kill

On the front porch yesterday Hunter noticed a tarantula wasp that was pulling her dinner across the deck. Then she decided to pull the tarantula backwards up the rock wall. Pretty crazy! Where she was taking the tarantula, I don't know, but I snapped away as she ooched her way up the wall.
Dinner tonight.


I left her alone, and she finally made it over to the bushes.Hunter and Marti helped me re-pot my barrel cactus. Ken and the boys got her in1998 in AZ, and this year I felt she needed more growing room. Now that I have her in a new pot, she's HEAVY.

We tied a rope around the cactus to guide it around. Then Marti broke the old pot around the cactus, and we lowered it into the new pot. HAPPY cactus :)

Happy barrel cactus.

This little cactus in my garden looked amusming to me:)
Happy:)
This is Serena's pond she designed and built herself with a little help from the fam.
Ali liked watching the brightly colored Koi swim around.
This is a bloom from a cactus:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures of the wasp, that is a pretty rare sighting.

db said...

This wasp/tarantula thing FREAKS me out. What the hell kind of nature do you have out there. Oh my!!

db