Sunday, September 18, 2011

Things that heal the heart

 

 That tomato and corn cob may not mean anything to you... But let me tell ya it means a whole lot to the Cook Fam.. =)  What this means is that I made a truck run to okc on friday and picked up an entire pickup load of old produce and the animals are eating it.  All of our grass and most all the trees were burned,  so we are feeding them alfalfa, deer feed and old produce. 
Our elk herd is doing the best.  We have one cow elk I worry about.  She stays near the creek and I haven't seen her eat nor get up. Although she is in different place in the creek everyday.. My fingers are crossed for you CE.
 Our one buffalo that is left.  I call her September.  She is burned badly and walks like it hurts like hell.  She left from in front of the house yesterday headed west at turtle speed.  I'm sure she's looking for the rest of her family.  I expect she'll be showing back up in front of the house in a few days.  I have to believe that all the prayers and energy that so many have sent to us are working. Because everyday she is a little better, and every time Moxy and I go out looking for our babies the sky looks brighter...  
 Hunter and Marti came home for the weekend which makes everything look better.  They're both so much help to us.  Marti made chicken chili for lunch then they both helped me put feed in the feeders.  Thanks guys you made our weekend wonderful!!
 Marti stomping down the bags and standing armed guard.
 The blackened earth will turn green in time.
 What a beautiful couple inside and out... =) You make us proud!

 Moxy and Kimber will sleep for days after playing for days...
 Look, Ken and Heather are on TV.... Back when Tarbone was green!
 Chillin' on a Sunday afternoon... I love our family!!! I love my life....
 Marti with her hands over her eyes..Sees no evil.
We have at least two eight points bucks that survived the fire. Sore feet, keep fighting!! This makes for a happy man!!! Love you Sweetie pie!!

We just want to say Thank you to all who have emailed, phoned, sent prayers, sent energy, fixed food, donated hay and donations.  Our hearts are broken but our spirits are lifted because of friends and family like you.  Someday we hope to repay you and bring you to Tarbone Ranch fix a big dinner, sit on the deck and celebrate life ..
~Love to you all~
The Cook Clan

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Thank you for posting these pictures. It is good to see the rebuilding process.