Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm gonna miss ya ole friend

 I wrapped your Christmas present yesterday and have it all ready to mail.  On my way to the post office this morning I got a call from Ken.  He says to me "pull over" I have something to tell you.. Dion just called and said Jill has been in an accident.....She didn't make it....... My world just broke in two. My heart won't stop hurting...it's hard to breath.. How can it be?
 It's not fair!! I would have talked longer when you called..I would have hugged you tighter when I said, "see you soon".  Dear God she has three boys who need her. She has family that love her.  She's been my friend for 25 years. I didn't get to say goodby. I don't understand...  WHY??
 Me with my three best friends in the whole wide world.  If you have a best friend..Tell them you love them. Treasure the gifts you have.  Our lives are so fragile.Have NO regrets.. I never want to take my friends and family for granted...Because one day she here the next she's gone.
 I remember when you  got pregnant with Payden, you were on cloud 9.  You said to me, "but I want twins like you"... Well it wasn't too many years after Payden came your twin boys; Connar and Lawson arrived... What great Boys!!  I have a picture of Hunter and Tanner holding your boys.
Oh Jill, my heart aches..I've never lost anyone so close to me.. What do I do?
 Your smile was Pure Sunshine!  They say when you have lemons thrown at you,, make lemonade.. What do you do when death is thrown at you??  I can't stop crying, I scream into the wind, I don't understand. I ask why?? I can't believe it's true!!
I am grateful for my family, If I love you I'll tell you, when you brighten my day you'll know it.. I don't want to take life for granted and if I can teach one person to love and to be loved I hope that I can.
Jill was learning to be happy again. Life is too short not to be.  I'm gonna miss that smile

 Girl,  you've made me laugh so hard , so many times.  You were always so funny!!  We've had Great times Thanks for the memories!
 Jill came for down for both Tanner and Hunter's wedding.  She loved the boys..
Jill met a few bumps in the road.  They only made her stronger .  She was learning to be happy again I saw when we were together a few months ago she was learning to love again.  She was enjoying who she was.
This Christmas will be like no other.
 So when I got back home today in the seat of my pickup a small box sits with your name on it. Your Christmas present...  Ken saw it laying in the seat we hugged each other and cried.. He says to me to promise to always come home and we cried some more.. Isn't that everyone's promise.. I know Jill and she wouldn't want us to morn her loss to long.  But for me I have to feel the pain to understand and to heal.
Life is so fragile to all of us. I promise to Leap because I know the net will appear.
I was with you in this lifetime and I promise I'll be with you in the others to come.

4 comments:

Megan Putman said...

I know that there is nothing anyone can say to help you understand why or to make you feel any better. But I do promise it gets better a little bit at a time.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for this hard time. This verse always brings me hope and comfort

Romans 8:31-39
If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.

Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Angela said...

what a beautiful tribute to such wonderful memories of such a Great friend. To have known Jill was to know how to laugh, her smile lite up the room, she will truly be missed by her family, her friends and even by people who may have only known her briefly. Time heals all things!

Serena said...

She was beautiful! You have beautiful friends, if I do say so myself! We will honor her by cherishing her memory and wishing she was with us whenever we get together. We we will honor her by cherishing each other even more than we already do and savoring every moment we have together.