Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh what fun we had bringing in the New Year

 Joe having fun shooting targets.
Adam showing off his own skills.
 This is one happy puppy dog.. She had all of her cousins here visiting.. =)
 I'm not sure what Pawpaw did to get Taylor to smile but he's smiling..
 Monica, loved, loved, loved this saying and wanted one of her own..
 That is one tiny back flap!
 Me with my girl.. She has her apron on because she loves to cook and she's a good one too.
 New year's eve we had a Mexican fiesta meal. It was fabulous.
 Just before dark the wind switched out of the north and blew the ash in swirls of darkness.
 Ash and leaves blow thru the Wichitas .
 This is Taylor our little whipper snapper.. =)
 Memaw getting herself some baby love.. =)
 Joe, thanks for reading the chapter in the book about the fire on Tarbone.  I know how hard it was for you. Every word was a struggle. This we know, but it was greatly appreciated by the entire family.. Love you!

 Joe is the dog whisperer.. He volunteered to be on dog watch when needed.
 Me with my little elf helper.  Love you Taylor Ken.
 The boys are kicked backed watching tv.
Monica and Aly both look stunning after just having a baby..
 T.K. and Pawpaw..
Tanner and Aly enjoying the day with family.
 Pages from my book.
 Most family members read a chapter of the book.  They read of babies being born, Ken being honored by other tribal fisherman, the loss of our dear friend Jill, Angie traveling for 7 days to see the faces of the grandbabies and more...






 Angie was here from TN. spending time with the family and playing with grandbabies.


 Taylor taking a nap.
 Landon; this little man was full of smiles and giggles.  What a joy he was.. Monica was giving him a bath in the kitchen sink.
 Serena has written a book for the past 18 years about our families living 10 thousand years ago on Tarbone Mountain.  She gives it to me on Christmas but this year we had our very special friend here so we waited for New year's eve to read it. What an awesome journey.
 I make a book cover  for Serena and put last years book into it and give it to her.  That way we'll both have a copy of each book. This is what I wrote to her:

From all the stars in the sky, God has put us together.

I always get emotional when I write my note for our family Christmas book reading. With the passing of our dear friend Jill, life has taken on new meaning. Not that I wasn’t appreciative of what I had, but now my life has changed.

The way we handle our challenges is what molds our character.
Life is full of challenges and we will all experience our own sadness and tragedy; no one is exempt from it! When I have those especially sad days, my comfort comes from my family and friends. My love for them only grows stronger.

Life is too short not to tell someone how you feel or how much you love them.
So I thank you dear friend for this labor of love. I can only imagine how many hours you’ve spent writing, how many tears you have shed, how much hot glue you have used to create this beautiful story of our families. Someday after we are long gone, Landon and Taylor can tell stories to their children how one night each year the entire family would come together and share a special event; listening to the stories of Raven and MyTam

Love you sister with all my heart,
MyTam 2011
 I asked Ken to take pictures of us holding our books the next day.  Serena was sick as a dog and had lost her voice completely.  To Angie's surprise, I made her a book cover while Serena made a copy of this years book and put it together.  We gave it to her the night of the reading.  This is what I wrote to Angie:
I feel like I’m eight and Santa is coming to see me tonight,, Oh but it’s better than Santa.., Every cell in my entire body is jumping with joy because you are here with all of us..

I’m 52 and my besty for 29 years is coming to visit the new grandbabies and the rest of the crazy clan.
Our journey has been long and wonderful. We have shared so much; from standing beside me when we were married, to having our babies together, to float trips, camping, weddings, And now our babies are having babies.  What a blessed life!

I wish I had just the right words to tell you how much you mean to me, but instead with a pinky promise, I’ll show you for the rest of my life.

I Love you Angie and always will.
You are one of the best reasons I love my life..  MyTam 2011



 Pawpaw and Taylor napping.. =)
26 years ago this month, Angie and I had our babies together.  Now this is the baby that holds her..

 Marti always puts the laugh in the family.
 Hunter helped fix breakfast the next morning and it was so good..
 My book wrapped before they FINALLY let me open it... B E A U T I F U L ....
Grammy holding Landon.
Joe seemed pretty happy that he got 20 lottery tickets for his Christmas present.

 Monica was happy that Marti drew her name.  Because they both love clothes and jewelry.
 Grammy Serena gave Taylor a soft huggable hippo and Tanner is playing with him.
 Angie opening her book from Serena and me.
 I couldn't read because I'm a big bawl baby and it looks like Angie is one as well.  Serena had no voice so she couldn't read, instead she did a whole lot of smiling.
 Our pinky promise...
 Baby time!
 Me with my besties
 Tanner reading a chapter.. Everyone did such a great job!
 Thank you Thomas for going upstairs and capturing the moment.

 Adam and Landon..
 Adam was happy that Hunter got him a holster for his new pistol that he going to get.. hint-hint!
 Filled with love and strings that bring us all together now and forever.
 Angie styling in her footed pj's and looking at her book.
 A few more pages to see.

Boys will be boys!  Thomas, Marti's brother came to play with the rest of the gang.

 Angie even got in on a little shooting action.
 The girls as well as the boys can, and will use pistols. Here, Marti crack off a few shots with her 45.
 Double action!
 Hunter loves to see pics of the brass flying out of his AR.
 Just a few toys.
More flying brass.



 Brass was laying all over the deck. It caused many smiles on their faces..
 Card games, Old Crow and a concerned sister. No one knows how old this Old Crow bourbon was when we found it in the liquor cabinet. Then a few bets and laughs later, Thomas proved he could drink down a sip.

 Red faced, burning throat and laughing, Thomas wins.
 Fire breathing dragon (fake) smile!
 VERY old crow!
 Dr. Hunter giving Angie a back adjustment.
 Marti was laughing so hard at Ken's coyote call.  Calls include
 Hunter and Aunt Angie.
 Marti showing Thomas where he made it into the book last year.
 Aunt Marti getting herself some Landon love.
 Papa Joe happy with Landon.
If you'll notice Uncle Hunter has white milky stuff on his shoulder from Landon. Chuckle =)
 Yep, Grandbabyville!
 Cooking Mexican.
 So we figured if Old Crow numbs the throat, why not!
 Aunt Marti trying to wear Rylee's apron..
 Quisedilla station, very good!
 Taco stuffer..
 Tacos
 Quesidillas
 Chicken enchiladas.
 Monica's homemade salsa. Yum!

 Landon was laughing too because that's a picture of his Daddy Adam in a Karate suit. "Dirty Santa" Strikes again.
 This was pretty funny too.
 Lots of laughs!
 Tanner loved his T from Joe.
 Marti was very happy that Adam made her a quilt ladder with hanging pictures.
 Pretty happy with a box full of flower seeds.
 She couldn't have been happier taking this smiling face home.
 Momma Alyson getting her own baby love..





6 comments:

Hunter said...

Yay! Thank you for all of the pictures! As always you do such a good job of capturing the moment.

Tanner said...

What fun we had! A new tradition for sure.

Angela said...

wow, that was so great, I caught myself laughing out loud and even choked back a few tears as I scanned through the pictures and reading all the captions......oh what fun we did have!
Memories-memories-memories
Thank you for a great time!

Megan Putman said...

Looks like you all had fun :)

Joyce Haxton said...

If ever the love in this home could be bottled there would be no more sadness,loneliness or perhaps even sickness. The stories told through these pictures are like a giant wave from a brilliant beam of light that warms my soul. Thanks for sharing your many blessings. You are a blessing,Tammy.

Serena said...

wonderful blogging. Lets do it again next year!