Sunday, July 13, 2014

Door County, WI: Smallmouth Slam 2014

 My life with you is so complete! Most think we're crazy fishing all day, everyday, and all the time.. Yep I guess we are! I feel so blessed in so many ways..I do love my life!
 This day was a 100 fish day!! Have you ever heard the saying.. "One day chicken next day feathers" The day we fished it we saw ((HUNDREDS)) of smallmouths. Went back two days later and caught NOTHING and saw NOTHING!!! Chicken then feathers!
Poor little jighead, getting beat up on the rocks and zebra mussels, then smallie.
 Picture perfect!
 An Amazing place and I can't think of anyone I'd rather share it with then you Ken Cook!! :)
Rainstorm in the distance over Green Bay. It got us later.
Clouds, meet Lake.
His Happy Place!
Key hole.

 Round Gobies. They are an invasive species. Look like a weenie..slow, soft and smallmouth love to eat them!
 It's morning and she is still in bed!
 Shit eatin grin!
 This contraption mows grass growing along the shore and sucks it up to be hauled off.
 Home Land Security!
 The mouth of Sturgeon Bay canal at Lake Michigan.
 Humm? I wonder how we could get a trolling motor on the front??


 My very own ice cream cone!
 GONE!
 Gasper Goo, sheephead, drum. Caught in Rylee's Bay!
 Nap time at the office.
 Cherry trees! Yumm!
Some days I feel like this!
 Being up and out early gives me an appreciation of the life we live.
 Fished around ship wrecks on Lake Michigan.
 My fishing buddies.
 Fish we caught today probably have never been caught before..and you can see why.
 Tired from jumping in the water after her ball.
 Ken guessed this fish was at least 20 years old.. Pretty special place!
I love my ball even when I'm sleeping.

2 comments:

Hunter said...

These pictures are awesome. I'm glad you guys are having such a good time, but I'm getting excited for you to come home. It looks like most Moxy be having too much fun up there.

Angela said...

You kids are just having the time of your life catching all those fish, but I sure hope you are getting to eat a few!

Love all those big smiles and happy faces,
You can actually see Moxy smiling....the scenery is absolutely gorgeous ! Life time of wonderful memories,

Enjoy!!!! Because we sure enjoy seeing all you pictures!