Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Our Weekend in Missouri

 It starts at my dear friend Jill's parents' house. Jill left this earth almost three years ago. Since then we make a trip to Missouri for a couple of reasons. One is to see Jill's boys and her parents. The other is my BFF in the blue dress; Angie~
 Connar, Payden, Me, Lawson and Piper. Payden's daughter.
 Lawson is the spittin image of his Momma~ makes me happy to watch him.
 Connar and Lawson are twins. Not Identical! ;)
 Jill's parents! Sue fixes this wonderful meal spoiling all of us.. I do love these two!
  Reason number 2. Angie stood beside me when Ken and I got married. We have been friends for 33 years. Her parents live in Missouri and they get together every year in Oct. So here I am! 
The bedspread that Angie and her Mom are holding has a beautiful story. Here is how it goes. In 1955 Angie's Grandmother started this beauty. She never finished it. Then Shirley took upon herself to finish it. She was pregnant with Angie. She worked away  but again never finished. Last year Shirley gave Angie the bedspread along with the blocks and thread wondering if it would be finished.  Angie took it upon herself to finish and give it back to her Mom. In the meantime she had to make 36 more blocks then sew them all together. A friend of Angie's in TN said she should enter it in the fair. So she did. When she came back on Monday to pick up the bedspread, she had won first place! Needless to say when Angie was home last week Shirley was able to finally see her bedspread finished. After three generations and 59 years of amazing women, the bedspread is finished. The past lives on in all of us. Because they refuse to give up. I love these women more than they'll ever know!
 They have a big weinie roast and all the family comes and hang out. It's good fun!
Carol and Melany.
 Angie's Dad starting the bon fire!
 He doesn't mess around.

 Beau was able to bring his new bride, Kayla to Missouri for all to meet! Loved getting to spend time with them!
 Angie's sister Carol and Chuck.
 Family gathering!
 Angie's Dad! He is one amazing man! I make him call me his third daughter..;)
 Laughter and giggles are heard all around! Makes my heart sing!
I love my family in MO.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love you my friend......and your Missouri family loves you too. Lots of fun, work and wonderful memories,